Monday, February 9, 2009

Over 5,000 pastors pledge to preach... the Bible

Thousands of preachers are signing up to take The Preacher's Pledge:

I will make the Bible my primary resource in sermon preparation and preaching.

I may use other resources such as commentaries and web sites to enhance, not replace, my personal interaction with Scripture.

As I study I will strive to accurately understand and honestly apply God's Word, allowing Him to uniquely proclaim His truth in a relevant way through me.

Ron Foreth, general editor of SermonCentral.com, which claims to be the world's most highly trafficked sermon website, wants to encourage pastors to "carefully study and gain a solid grasp of the biblical passages they are preaching."

Money quote:
"Our goal for The Preacher's Pledge is to urge pastors to preach the Word, not just ideas that seem relevant or helpful," he highlighted.

No comments: