Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Bible bending Campaigns:
Barack Obama: I am part of the "Joshua generation"
"I’m here because somebody marched. I’m here because you all sacrificed for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants. I thank the Moses generation; but we've got to remember, now, that Joshua still had a job to do. As great as Moses was, despite all that he did, leading a people out of bondage, he didn't cross over the river to see the Promised Land. God told him your job is done. You'll see it. You'll be at the mountain top and you can see what I’ve promised. What I’ve promised to Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. You will see that I’ve fulfilled that promise but you won't go there. We're going to leave it to the Joshua generation to make sure it happens." Read more.

John Edwards: Jesus would be appalled at [American] selfishness
"If you took every reference to taking care of the least of these out of the Bible, there would be a pretty skinny Bible. And I think I as a Christian, and we as a nation, have a moral responsibility to do something about this." Read more.

Up Next: Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will vie for the Jewish vote.

No comments: